As many of you know, Atalie is very....attached to me (and Jason). She definitely has that separation anxiety/stranger danger going on. I'm sure most of it has to do with me staying home with her, but I feel like it's fine, that one day, she'll be better. It's still worth it to us for me to be home with her. Anyway, our local library has story time once a week. The first time we went was last week. It didn't go so well. Not that it went bad, but she was TERRIFIED! I would say there were at least 30 kids and 15 adults. She had that I'm about to cry look on her face the entire hour, but only cried once. She would not get off my lap & did not want to participate in the craft.
So yesterday we went back and she did AWESOME! She never looked scared, walked around some, clapped along with the songs, and even sat at the table with the other kids and colored!
I was so happy in the change in just one week! We are going to keep going every week, and hopefully she starts opening up even more (she is shy around people).
Just wanted to share in my excitement!
1 comment:
that's great! i hope she keeps getting out there a little more :) she's such a cutie
Post a Comment